Two of three tests came in this morning!


8 AM, Since last night at 10 PM - yes, I am an old man - nothing had changed for me except I was upright and stumbling about like a new born baby mouse trying to get my eyes open, so I could make coffee so I could WAKE UP.

9 AM, Nothing had changed except decision to have a second cup of coffee.  Everything as it was last night on Ancestry.

9:55 AM, checked Ancestry, nothing.  Still 4 tests in processing.

10 AM, JACKPOT.  Had I not needed to reboot my computer, I would have missed it, but there it was "3 Test in Processing."  I greedily make the husband take the dogs outside, even though it is raining and it was my turn to take them out.

10:05 AM, Well my eldest half brother is my half brother.  No surprise there.  The big surprise is our joint DNA only account for seven pages of my 400 pages of matches.

10:35 AM, The DAILY DOUBLE comes in - "2 Tests" in processing.

And BTW, no emails from Ancestry to say "Hey - your tests came in."

10:45, AM - the news is beyond my wildest hopes!  Turns out that the cryptic message written by my Aunt in the 40's - "Mom's cousin Merka G****'* daughter and her husband thought to be living in Wooster (sic), Mass," is in fact a cousin of mine!   Makes a mental note, how satisfying it would have been to tell my late aunt that its WORCESTER, MASS, and Wooster, Ohio.

What all this means is that we have confirmed what my aunt wrote, that said "daughter" of the "daughter and husband" matches, so now we can move forward!  For an eastern European Jewish line - this is exciting news!

It also means that I am overwhelmed.  I don't have the patience for all this DNA stuff.

So now we wait for the final test on my family to drop - my second cousin on my father's side.  That will be the icing on the cake!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time, neglect, etc. take a toll on Likens Cemetery

Find A Grave has a difficult birthing process and I point some fingers

Ancestry and it's new "Genetic Communities" feature